September is Hummus Month for Vegan MoFo!!!

20130830-171525.jpg

September is going to be full of hummus here on the blog, in honour of Vegan MoFo!

“Vegan MoFo” is the Vegan Month of Food, and I am thrilled to be participating for my THIRD year in a row! If you want, you can go back and see all Vegan Mofo 2012 and Vegan Mofo 2011 posts, as well as all 156 of my vegan recipes!

During Vegan MoFo, food bloggers post delicious things about vegan food all across the Internet. It’s a great way to celebrate vegan goodness and get to know more of the vegan community!

I was first introduced to Vegan MoFo by my lovely friend Ashley, who writes the Dancing Through Life blog, and so it only seems right that this year we team up and blog collaboratively for Vegan MoFo 2013!

We have been discussing this possibility for months and have come up with a plan that has gotten us excited, giggling, and ready for the deliciousness: we are going to blog A Month of Vegan Hummus.

Prepare for hummus recipes, puns (it’s “hummazing”!), stories, photos, and ideas for what-the-heck-to-do-with-hummus (other than dip carrot sticks into it).

We are excited. You should be too.

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Announcements

17 Comments on “September is Hummus Month for Vegan MoFo!!!”

1. September 1, 2013 at 3:47 pm #

Love the hummus puns and looking forward to seeing all of the creative ways to make hummus! 🙂 Happy Vegan MoFo 2013!!

2. September 2, 2013 at 7:04 pm #

Can’t go wrong with hummus! Looking forward to it.

3. Pem
    September 3, 2013 at 10:12 am #

Have you tried desert hummus? It’s super fun. Good with apple slices or crackers as a sweeter (but still protein filled) treat! I tried some at my friend Andrea’s house and it was great. I think her recipe was similar to those shown here: http://www.theleangreenbean.com/dessert-hummus-three-ways/

put your own Kitchen opera & dancing spin on it ; )

• September 3, 2013 at 10:18 am #

Love the idea of dessert hummus 🙂

We had something similar on the list — thanks for the links for even more inspiration!!!

4. September 3, 2013 at 10:34 am #

Linz I think I finally figured out my confusing accounts. So far you have me commenting as Ask_Pemma, ckcollection, and Pem. They are all me – just for the record. Working on streamlining…

• September 3, 2013 at 1:40 pm #

And I thought I had a lot of accounts to keep track of!

5. September 3, 2013 at 10:37 am #

Also… I made a very green hummus once with garlic scapes, coriander, and parmesan. You could veganify it if you want ; ) Basically made a garlic scape pesto and three chickpeas in. I sort of (but not really) followed this recipe. It worked well.

Happy Tuesday!

• September 3, 2013 at 1:40 pm #

Yum. I do something similar with garlic scapes and kale 🙂

Of course we like all the same things.

6. September 4, 2013 at 12:12 am #

So exciting, I LOVE hummus. Yay!

7. mekheieh
    September 4, 2013 at 12:13 am #

I love this theme! So excited for hummus recipes.

• September 4, 2013 at 8:43 am #

Yay!!! We are excited too!!! 🙂

8. September 4, 2013 at 5:43 am #

I’m so excited. I’m traveling in SE Asia right now, and never thought I’d miss hummus as much as I do, being as it’s the ubiquitous vegan offering everywhere in the States. But a nice creamy chickpea dip sounds AMAZING right now. Can’t wait to read more!

• September 4, 2013 at 8:42 am #

Glad you have something to look forward to coming home to 🙂

1. Why Blog A Whole Month of Hummus for Vegan MoFo? | The Kitchen Operas℠ - September 2, 2013

[…] couldn’t determine any reasons why hummus was a bad idea, so Lindsay is going to be hosting our month of hummus over on her lovely blog in honor of Vegan Mofo. Expect all sorts of chickpeas, tips and tricks, […]

2. Vegan MoFo Favorites Round Up Week 1 - September 8, 2013

[…] Operas theme is Hummus! Hip, hip hooray! #hummusisafoodgroup There’s no such thing as too much hummus in my […]

3. Masala Chai Spice Blend | The Kitchen Operas℠ - September 17, 2013

[…] along with the topping of an apple crumble, or you can even use it in hummus.  I mean, it is hummus month after all — so stay tuned tomorrow for a sweet hummus with Chai […]

4. Five Things I’ve Learned About Hummus | The Kitchen Operas℠ - September 19, 2013

[…] It’s been just over two weeks and we’ve made ten different types of hümmi for Hummus Month. And we’ve still got a whole Pinterest board of hummus recipes and inspiration. (Hummus […]